We are hiring! (POSITION FILLED)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED ALREADY. Thanks to all the candidates that have submitted their application!
Blue Nation Baja is looking for a new member to join the team in Loreto!
We are a small but busy operation that is growing every year. We are also the highest rated tour operator in Loreto and we pride ourselves in providing a high quality service and deep knowledge of the area and our profession. We are looking for an experienced OWSI that can manage mixed groups of all levels, has good judgement underwater and has an outgoing personality that can provide a fun and safe experiences to our guests.
The Sea of Cortez offers some of the most biodiverse diving in the world, but can also be challenging. Changing conditions, like currents and visibility drops are frequent. Seasons are very different, with calm, clear and warm waters in summer and fall to temperate and sometimes rough seas in winter, with frequent upwelling currents and visibility changes. Wildlife is equally changeable and every season brings something new, from nudibranches to whales and everything in between.
This is a full time job with a minimum contract of 6 months, with the possibility to renew into a permanent position. We wish for the right candidate to join our team in the long term and grow with us.
– Guiding dives
– Guiding snorkeling groups
– Conducting try-dives or DSDs
– Teaching courses
– Office/shop work and customer service
– Filling tanks
– Maintenance of equipment
The minimum requirements for this position are:
– Speaks both english and spanish fluently
– 3 years of full time work experience or +700 dives
– Has experience in temperate/cold waters
– Able to take calculated risks and shows good judgement underwater
– Excellent technique, trim and buoyancy.
– People person
– Has a driving license
– Basic computer skills
– Has a good level of fitness
– Has a valid mexican passport or work visa
The ideal candidate will also (not a requirement):
– Have DIR or Technical diving training
– Is a certified captain or have experience driving boats
– Has scuba equipment maintenance and service experience
– Be willing to grow as a diver and a professional
– Social media knowledge
If you think you meet these requirements, please send your application and/or questions to email@example.com
Please note that we might not be able to reply to applications that don’t meet the minimum requirements for the position. We appreciate your understanding.